Monday, July 8, 2013

What an amazing 3 months it has been...

The last 3 months have been a complete whirlwind.  First, there was the overwhelming exhaustion. Then, the dread of going back to work and the adjustment of being a working momma.  And the last phase has been one of unspeakable joy as we have finally seemed to "settle in" to being parents and been blessed to sit back and watch this incredible little personality emerge!  His "fourth trimester" is officially over, and I am convinced that we have the happiest, sweetest-spirited boy in the whole world.  It is surreal.

This month, he lost a LOT of his hair, which (we jokingly admitted) makes him look even more like his daddy.  They even bald in the same pattern ;)
He also discovered his favorite toy, the rainforest exersaucer in phase 2 (thanks Aunt Sandy, George, Jason and Traci!).  He absolutely ADORES this toy.  Once upon a time, I didn't want to have anything "loud" like this in my house.  I am so glad that Sara K. convinced me that he would appreciate if I got over my aversion to brightly colored toys!

We decided to wait until next year to try fireworks. So this Fourth of July, we were pretty chill.  As in, we took a 3 hours nap all together after Daddy's triathlon.  Then, we had a low-key cookout with Granna and Paw Paw.  Aunt Sandy came over to see me too! 
He and Daddy are BIG buds this month.  They are mommy's super heroes... two peas in a pod.  I have been insanely jealous that daddy has gotten to stay home a lot with this little booger this summer.
Trace loves crowds of people and lots of things going on.  He tends to just chill, though.  He doesn't get loud or try to get attention (maybe it's because he usually gets a lot of it anyway without working too hard for it!) He just enjoys watching people.

When it's just a small crowd of his favorite people-- he is all smiles. 




Trace has enjoyed  bath time for a while now, but as it has become more of our routine... he cannot get enough of it.  He splashes around like crazy-- effectively soaking me and dad.  We are still bathing him in his whale bathtub in the sink.  Not sure how much longer that will get to last!  Daddy and I both do bath time, and it's the beginning of "Naked Spa Baby Time"-- which comes with it's own special song and dance (one of many new tunes around here).  He loves it! But it does make him sleepy.  Then, we move to the more solemn part of naked spa baby time-- the slow down, where we sing "Twinkle Twinkle" to our baby massage with lotion.  We put on our PJs and tell the room goodnight.  Then, we go to mom and dad's room (no judgement) and read our bedtime story and get our bedtime feeding all snuggled up to mama.  Then, we say our prayers (usually over a sleeping baby by this point) and put him to bed.  The sleep sheep plays us some soothing rain songs.  Usually, he goes to bed around 7:30-8, and he wakes up around 3:30, but goes right back down after he is fed til almost 6 usually.  I LOVE that we have finally gotten into a good nighttime routine.  It took a while, but he is doing really well with it.

These are some of my favorite photos leading up to 3 months....
Memorial Day photo shoot with his cousins-- he was just too cool.

He used to make that face all the time!!  So cute.

Our first Mother's Day

Very special day!! And maybe 1 of 3 times he has worn shoes!!

He has always loved his bed!

"What do you mean 'I'm out of milk?"



I am so thankful for this precious little boy.  Things just keep getting better and better!! During Trace's 3rd month (on July 1st), I was approved to move to a reduced workweek at my job.  I cannot tell you what a HUGE change it has made already.  I feel like I can be more productive at work because I am not feeling as guilty for being away from him.  Just getting to wake up with him 2 extra days a week has made an enormous difference in my attitude and mental state!  I am SO blessed and thankful!

Other than the fact that time is going by WAY too quickly for my liking... I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment