Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dear Sweet Baby: A Letter to My Unborn Child

Dear Sweet Baby,

We have known that you were going to be a part of our lives for almost 3 months now, but yet... somehow it is just becoming real.  Maybe it is that tiny fluttering I can feel when I get really still and concentrate (especially when your daddy talks to you, I feel you stirring!), or less satisfyingly-- the indigestion that has become my constant companion. :)  Either way, there is definitely not a minute that goes by that you aren't on my brain, in my heart and in my prayers.  Any time that my brain has a moment to be blank, it automatically turns wholeheartedly to you-- wondering what you are doing inside my womb, how you are developing, what you will look like, how you will act.  I am not worrying about you (at least, I'm not speaking that...). I am trying REALLY hard to rely on God's mercy and grace, knowing He has a perfect plan for you, little buddy.  Knowing that He is Sovereign, Almighty and forever in control.  He is creating your delicate features-- fearfully and wonderfully!  He is weaving your personality and who you will become.  It amazes me that the God of the Universe takes such intricate care of each of His children.

 Psalm 139:14 (NIV) I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;   your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I am so thankful for you, Sweet Baby.  I am thankful not only because you are making my lifelong dream of being a mommy come true, but also because you are teaching me to love my Creator, my Savior even more every day.  Because getting to experience your little life is teaching me new things about love and helping me relate to my Heavenly Father in new and different ways. 

 There are so many lessons I want to teach you... countless things I want you to know from this day forward. You are precious to me.  You are loved and adored.   You are important! I want you to be confident in who you are and who you can be in Christ.  

Ephesians 3:12 (NIV)-  In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

  1. You are God's Child- John 1:12
  2. You are Christ's friend- John 15:15
  3. You can be assured that all things will work together for good- Romans 8:28  
  4. You are God's workmanship- created to serve Him.- Ephesians 2:10
God's promises are much better than the ones you will get from us. While you have my word that I will do my best to never break a promise to you, please understand and remember, Sweet Baby, that I am just a sinner-- just like you will be.  We can't expect each other to be perfect because we live in a fallen world.  But Praise God we can rely on One who is Perfect, whose promises will never fail.  

I cannot pretend that I am not scared.  I am afraid to mess up!  I want to be a perfect mom for you... to always do right by you so your feelings are never hurt by me.  Please never doubt how much I love you.  We want the best for you, little one!  You have brought me so much joy in the past 15-1/2 weeks.  I can't even explain the glow of pure happiness I have displayed since I first found out about you. Things that used to aggravate me, they don't seem to matter any more!  You are a light in our lives, and we love you so very much!

Love with every fiber of my being,
Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment