Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Ramblings-- A Disclaimer about This Blog

If you know me at all, you know that I was born with LOTS of opinions.  Not saying that is good, bad or otherwise, but it is certainly the truth.  Generally, I have opinions about EVERYTHING.  Lots of which, I am not even remotely educated enough about to qualify my thoughts as an opinion, but that's never stopped me from sharing those opinions!  When I started this blog, I thought I would share my thoughts about politics, sports, world events, books, random things I find entertaining to help enlighten any of my friends who choose to read my thoughts on what I enjoyed.  Apparently, I have re-evaluated that purpose, and I felt that this blog needed a disclaimer!

I was just looking back over this blog and getting kind of tickled at myself.  I usually would be whining about how bad Auburn Football is this year, ranting about the Presidential Debates, whining about how badly the Braves play in the post-season EVERY year, raving about one of the young adult series I couldn't put down... None of that stuff really matters to me this year, surprisingly!  I think I'm just happy to be in baby mode, and trying to stay remotely even-keel with my usual emotional rollercoaster, so I'm avoiding controversial conversations.... very unlike me.  I'm afraid I'm becoming boring!!  This blog is really quite sad.... written for me, by me with no one else  in mind in the least!  My apologies people.. I hate to be so self absorbed!  So Here's My Official Blog Disclaimer:  

This blog has really just been my online journal.  A way to open up to anyone who might be interested in reading!  But sheesh! It's not even entertaining!! I really should work on this.  I don't want to become bland!  Is that what happens when you have babies?!  You mellow out?!

What this blog is:
  • A safe place to share and understand emotions.  That's what I do!  Please know that you are welcome to do the same.
  • A place to share what God is doing in my life with anyone that may care to read!
What this blog isn't:
  • Informative
  • Well-written
  • Structured
  • About any particular subject matter... who knows what you're going to get other than a big ole batch of my feelings!
What this blog might become:
  • A book review one day, a uneducated political rant the next!
  • A photo album of my soon-to-be child!
  • Completely obsolete!

So I am asking myself, why in the world do this whole blogging thing if I'm not doing it to make a difference for other people?  Well, darn it! I have learned that I actually enjoy putting my thoughts and feelings on "paper."  If I feel like I might want to share that with someone sometime...I suppose I can!  But if, by chance, you have wandered here somehow in search of some sort of expertise on life, love or fill in the blank for the subject of your choice.... I wanted you to know, you're probably not in the right place!

Otherwise, happy reading :)  just remember-- I didn't do this for you, bless your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment