Monday, October 29, 2012

It's a BOY!

After what seemed like months of eager anticipation, on Thursday, Oct. 25th, we FINALLY drove down to our 19 week appointment for our anatomy sonogram.  Neither Jefforey, nor I, slept very much on Wednesday night.  We were too excited to see our baby again, and at last be able to call him or her by his or her proper pronoun!  We were so ready to find out, but mostly to see that he or she was healthy!

Apparently, one of my last photos did not look very accurate because I was wearing a loose sweater... so upon request, here's the bump at 19 weeks:

In my anxiety, I scheduled a CRAZY work week-- appointment after appointment-- to prevent the week from dragging by.  I even scheduled a meeting in Birmingham right before our appointment to keep my mind off the ultrasound!  Sweet Jefforey kindly drove to my sponsorship request meeting and waited "patiently"!   Finally, we arrived in the St. Vincent's parking deck where we snapped this fun gender reveal shot-- pink or blue?!
We got to go right back to the Ultrasound waiting area and got called in (by my favorite tech) a few minutes later.  Thankfully, we didn't have to wait long to see that sweet baby.  Everything looked good! Praise the Lord.  He showed us his 10 fingers, 10 toes, functioning 4 chamber heart, all critical organs appeared to be in working order.  It was absolutely amazing.  I couldn't stop smiling, and neither could Jefforey.  It is a priceless memory!  We didn't find out the sex right away... but it wasn't long before he got over his modesty and started "showing his stuff."   He did NOT want to be mistaken for a girl.  He proudly placed his little hiney directly onto the ultrasound wand and spread 'em :)  (multiple times).  Jefforey joked that he obviously got his modesty from his mother.  We are lucky to have found him in a very "awake state."  He was flipping all over the place!  At one point, he even flexed his left arm muscle, to which Jefforey and I both almost shouted!  "It's a sign!  He is going to be left handed...at least for sports!" :)  He really did look like a little athlete in training in there-he was doing crunches, flexing his guns, standing on his head, stretching his calves.  I'm telling you- he is already in training!  Obviously, a little phenom in waiting!  You can go ahead and put him on the watch list for the 2030 Olympics :)

 I planned to let a select few family and friends know before going to our scheduled gender reveal dinner at the Seales's home.  However, as we were wrapping up the appointment, my cell phone died.  Talk about horrendous timing!  The phone was SO dead, in fact, that it took almost an hour to charge enough to turn back on.  I had several really funny texts from anxious friends when it finally turned back on.  Sorry to have worried everyone!!  I was so honored and overwhelmed to see how many people cared to find out about Baby Morgan.  It was so much fun!!    I sent the picture below to my family and my "baby updates" group on my phone.  I later learned that my new text group didn't work out very well... I felt awful that some dear friends thought they were left out!  Again... sorry about that!  We will get it fixed!
It's a BOY!
We went by to tell my old co-workers the exciting news and show off our 24 photos that St. Vincent's gave us!  Then, we headed to Calera to have dinner with our old home group family.   I was so grateful that Jason and Alicia cooked for us and had most of the crew together again... just like old times.  Erin even bought some really cute gender-reveal props, and we took a couple of cute pictures with everyone's guesses.
After the guesses, we left the room and came back like THIS...
And, of course, showed off our boy through his first photos all over again! 
Loved seeing him sucking that little thumb!
We have really enjoyed the past few days-- sharing the news with everyone and showing of the photos.  I had a suspicion all along that he was a he :)  I'm so thankful he looks to be healthy and strong.  I praise God for allowing us the technology to see this amazing process.  I have a new appreciation for this verse.... just incredible.

Psalm 139:13- "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb."

The most common question so far:  Do you have a name picked out?
Yes-- Trace Parker Morgan!

Jefforey is actually Jefforey Allen Morgan, Jr.  so our son would be a third.  Instead of using "Jefforey Allen Morgan, III" and calling him "Trace (for tres)" -- we just wanted to simply and NAME him Trace!  And Parker is my Granny Nita's maiden name... one that most people called her, by the way.  I have every intention of calling him by both names-- Trace Parker, BUT there's a bit of debate about that in our house at the moment :)

Jefforey is still on cloud nine, as am I.  Every now and then, one of us will just float around with a goofy grin on our face and say "we're having a BOY!" Oh what BIG dreams we have for you, little buddy!  Whatever it is that you decide you want to do, we support you as long as you do it for the Lord... not for us!  I know God has big plans for you!

We are so thankful God chose us to bring Trace Parker into this world, and we're counting down the days until March 24th (or 21st, or 26th... whatever day he decides to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment