Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Showered with Love

Another thing that pregnancy has taught me, is that I really have the BEST friends, family, church family and co-workers in the entire world!  We have been so blessed to have friends throw us showers to celebrate the coming of our precious baby boy!

  Here I am at 31 weeks (looking very swollen already, sadly).

Our first shower was hosted by my long-time girlfriends from left to right: Ashley Ham Wells, Anna Weathers Smith, Katie Uithoven Baugh, Amberly Pierce Baugh, Jamie Duckett and Jenna Duckett Payne on January 17th at Cindy Ham's house.

One thing I LOVE (insert sarcasm) here about baby showers are these incredibly awkward photos of you opening gifts... why do we think it's a good idea to take these photos? I have no idea, but they are not kind to animated people like me.  Here's one of my "favorites."
My friends are very talented, and had the cutest shower ideas ever!  I loved everything about it... the cake, the decorations, the door hanger, the fellowship...  We had such a fantastic time!

On February 3rd, my friends from Auburn threw us a couples shower with an adorable baseball theme at the home of our dear friends, Ericka and Rusty Jackson.  They didn't miss a detail... we had peanuts, cracker jacks, cotton candy, nachos, hotdogs, sour straws... even Jefforey's "traditional" baseball snack of Snickers and blue Powerade.  They even made some trophies for Trace with MVP, Rookie of the Year and Allstar!  So adorable!  We had a blast!  I just wish I had pictures of all the shower details!! 

At least at the couples shower, I have someone to share the fun "gift opening" photos with!


Me with my beautiful hostesses (minus Katie Smith, who unexpectedly had to be away)-- Claire Marie Whitmore Maceina, Ericka Bennett Jackson, Sara K. Smelley Goodwin and Courtney Lawrence Isbell.
 I was so glad to have some of our best friends that we don't get to see nearly enough to join us in celebrating our little Rookie :)

On February 19th, my sweet co-workers through me a shower at work.. even though I've been home on bed rest, and we were only 2 weeks from our biggest fundraising event.  We are abundantly blessed!
Here I am at 35 weeks
 My sweet HMC family:  Rhonda Osborne, Laina Williams, Susan Sanders, Elizabeth Bell and Chrystal Hoffman.

The next day, Jefforey's co-workers showered us with love as well!  We had a joint shower with one of his co-workers who was two weeks ahead of us in the pregnancy.  She has already had her beautiful baby boy, and we're incredibly jealous!!  Sadly, I didn't have my camera that day, but hopefully, we will get some pictures from the folks that were there that we can add soon!

On Saturday, Feb. 16th, my sister, Drew, Andrew and Aubrey made their first trip to Albertville.  Yes, I recycled an outfit.  Sue me.  When you're enormous... your wardrobe becomes limited :)  Mom decided to throw a joint shower celebrating Trace and Aubrey for family and Sissy's friends (since she wasn't able to have one before Aubrey's arrival because of her bedrest).  It was wonderful to see everyone, and we had a wonderful time!

It was so good to see Brandee Oliver Sims and her precious baby girl, Greenleigh!
 Mom really went all out with a pink and blue theme for her new grandson and granddaughter!
 Aubrey girl pretty much slept the entire time and seemed to enjoy being passed around meeting all the fam!  Isn't she a doll?!  I'm so in love!
 The next day, our precious church family at Albertville First United Methodist threw us a shower rounding out quite a busy week for this girl on bed rest!  It was such a HUGE blessing, and we had a blast!  Again, I didn't do a very good job taking photos of the details, but everything was so nice.  All of the girls (youth and kids) helped me open the gifts and load them into the car.  Becca was an awesome helper!
 With 3 of my sweet youth ladies-- Mille, Anna Clay and Maddie


Last, but certainly not least...Jefforey's family threw us a shower on Sunday, Feb. 24th at his Aunt Pootie's house.  We had a great time, but again... unfortunately, I left my camera.  Hopefully, I can add some photos that his aunts and cousins took soon!

We have been so blessed with gifts and love of our friends and family as we celebrate the soon-to-be arrival of our sweet baby boy! So Trace Parker... you are one loved little boy.  Everyone has been so gracious and kind to provide gifts for you and now, they are just waiting to meet you.  It's not nice to keep everyone waiting, so please... come on anytime you are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment